Wow, its your 40th! I can hardly believe it. When Issa sent out a shout out to all of us who know & love Renee, I have to admit I was shocked to learn that she was turning the big 4-0!!
This week at You Capture, the theme is happiness. Now I posted a bunch of photos that made me happy in my post about our town’s apple fest. And then yesterday I posted another happy image. Now, there is hardly anything left, but I did have these two photos that bring me happiness when I see them.
- Yesterday Hubs had an extra day off because of the Labor Day Holiday, we decided since the home next door is on the market we needed to do some stuff outside to improve our curb appeal and not scare off good potential neighbors. Do you want to weigh in whether or not you think Curb Appeal is important? Go here.
- My dog is a bit neurotic. He is highly allergic to flea bites and so I am pretty anal about keeping up with all the stuff so that he doesn’t get bit, because when he does he is a bit more neurotic than normal. He won’t stay in one spot for long, he is jumpy and just odd. He did enjoy his oatmeal bath today, I think it helped to soothe his skin from the ONE flea I found on him.
- My dog is also shedding like mad. But unlike a typical dog his hair comes out in fluffy chunks that looks like a stuff animal was ripped apart in my house. His tumbleweeds are common place in the dining room and landing. I have to vacuum and hand pick up the fluff at least 2x a day. Its driving me a bit crazy because of my heavy as #$&**@ vacuum.
- Because of the last bullet I wouldn’t be overly sad if my vacuum cleaner died or suffered any kind of tragedy. That thing weighs like 20 pounds and in my opinion doesn’t clean that well. I mentioned getting a vacuum for our bedroom so I could vacuum each day-his response was that if I got rid of the dog we wouldn’t have to vacuum at all. Ummm, okay, but EEEWWWW! So no new vacuum and the dog stays.
- The Chicken was sick yesterday and I have put off running my errands today in case she calls and needs me to pick her up. She seemed to be fine this morning with no fever, but you never know. Plus the school lets the kids call for the dumbest reasons. Trust me!
- Giggles is going to Homecoming this October. I KNOW! She is going with her new boyfriend! AHHHH! She is growing up so fast. The boy is a sophomore and we have requested that we meet him. Thankfully he only lives a few blocks away, but that may come to bite me in the toosh later. I can’t believe she is going to homecoming….with a boy! Now to figure out what we are doing for her dress and everything else. I may have to laugh at hubs “We’re only going to give her $25 for a dress and shoes rule.” But I probably won’t. I will try to get her a dress at Plato’s Closet-that is where we got her 8th grade formal dress for the Graduation Dance last year for $8!
- Alright I think this is all the updates I wanted to do. I need to defluff the carpets again and make my list so that when the girls get home from school we can head to the bulk store.
Happy Friday everyone! How are you doing this wonderful day? I really hope things are going great and that you have some wonderful plans for the weekend. We are going out to Put in Bay and NOT losing the dog this time. He will be attached to my side at all times and will never be left in the
uncapable hands of the children.